10/23/2014

FRANCO FONTANA

 



I’ve been a huge fan of Mr. Fontana for a long time. I planed this post years ago, but at that point there were no pics to be found that had a decent resolution, so I decided to wait. My wait was rewarded couple of days ago, when
Italian ways published this fantastic interview with him. One thing led to another, and finally I managed to find everything I need to compile a decent post.


Since the 1960s, Franco Fontana has been one of the great masters of colour photography. He is best known for his abstract colour landscapes. His most famous series Landscapes, that appeared for the first time in 1970, shows a marvellous photographic ability to disclose nature’s hidden geometry.
Fontana is known as the inventor of the photographic line referred to as concept of line (his landscapes have a set of perfectly horizontal lines aflame with sensual colors). The later critics had labelled it as Photographic Trans – avantgarde.





  







 
 
His architectural landscapes are equally exciting... I absolutely love those pics.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...