4/24/2015

THE SHACK

 

beatpie: THE SHACK

.   .   .

 

On a beautiful day, such as this one, I terribly miss our summer home, a small place in the middle of the woods with just bare necessities.

 

So naturally, I indulge my cravings online, with findings like this. This is a bit more for camping enthusiasts however… because “the Shack at Hinkle Farm” is somewhere between tent camping, and the yet unrealized weekend cottage, designed by Broadhurst Architects as a weekend retreat for a family from the suburbs of Washington D.C.

“This fundamental shelter has no electricity. Heat is provided by a small wood stove, which is also used to heat water that is delivered to the “kitchen” sink by a gravity system. The vertical drop is achieved by using a hand-powered bilge pump to fill an overhead storage tank. Rain water is collected from the roof as part of the outdoor shower system.”

Although, I’m not completely in love with the idea of no power and water, I do find this place charming and in itself completely sufficient. And I’m certain that I would do great in there… well, almost certain. Or is it just my desperation talking through me?

 

beatpie: THE SHACK

beatpie: THE SHACK

beatpie: THE SHACK

beatpie: THE SHACK

beatpie: THE SHACK

beatpie: THE SHACK

. . .


photos are courtesy
of
Anice Hoachlander


1 comment:

  1. I bought it for my husband. It has been hot recently. buy ray-ban sunglasses I just need a pair of sunglasses. When I see an activity, I will shoot it quickly. There are not many men's sunglasses brands. Ray-Ban is my favorite. It is not fancy. The logo is also very small. fake ray-ban clubmaster It looks very representative. It is the glasses of their family. Husband is super like, happy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...