9/29/2014

MYSTÈRE À BROOKLYN

 

beatpie: MYSTÈRE À BROOKLYN

.  .  .



I’m not that much into editorials
and such. I think  I grew out of
them, naturally. It took me only
thirty two years. Or should I say twenty twelve? Anyway…



Recently I stumbled upon a Adriana Lima cover on M L Monde September 2014 edition, shot by legendary fashion photographer
Peter Lindbergh and I felt my heart beating like it used to, long time ago, with Going grunge from December 1992, photographed by Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia.

I was mesmerized by this strange juxtaposition – understated, toned down beauty that is yet so opulent and loud. The shots are so powerful that they transcend this particular moment. I’m not sure about the place they represent either. Italy after WWII? France 200 years ago? New York right now? 60’s, 70’s, or better yet – 80’s? Could be…

 

beatpie: MYSTÈRE À BROOKLYN


beatpie: MYSTÈRE À BROOKLYN


beatpie: MYSTÈRE À BROOKLYN


beatpie: MYSTÈRE À BROOKLYN


beatpie: MYSTÈRE À BROOKLYN


beatpie: MYSTÈRE À BROOKLYN


beatpie: MYSTÈRE À BROOKLYN

.   .   .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...