9/23/2014

BEN SANDERS

 

beatpie: BEN SANDERS


.   .   .


Ben Sanders, an artist from Los Angeles, makes (among all other things) these insanely adorable ceramic pots with “faces”. They all got this crazy 80’s vibe, and nothing can beat the 80’s and those vibrant colors, at least not in my book.


He recently co-founded a collaborative art direction / photography studio, Those People alongside with Ayumi Takahashi and Josh Schaedel. While talking about his influences, he underlines Ken Price. That doesn’t seem that much of a surprise, since the latter was also an LA based ceramic artist with quite similar atmosphere. In the interview I found on LVL3, he says:


The overall mood of Los Angeles is very apparent in my work I think. I can’t really escape the color and high contrast of this city. Because of this city, but also because of the school I went to, I have always been very immersed in the commercial art world, which I prize as an influence in my work.


.   .   .


beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

beatpie: BEN SANDERS

.   .   .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...