7/04/2014

HELLA JONGERIUS’ ANIMAL BOWLS

 

. . .

 

I’m a huge fan of Nymphenburg Porzellan.
I intended to write an elaborate post about their intricate & delicate little things, but then  I figured that it would be almost impossible to fit all of my admiration in one, single post, so I decided to start this love saga with
Hella Jongerius’ animal bowls . because – I’m a huge fan of Hella as well. 

. . .

Hella Jongerius' animal bowls reflect her intense familiarity with the artistic history of Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg. This collection brings shapes, figures and designs from a variety of periods and backgrounds together in a playful and light style. From the treasure of historic shapes containing around 700 animal figures at the manufactory, Jongerius selected eight designs and placed them in simple bowls.

She then supplemented the naturalistic painting of the snail, bird, rhinoceros, deer, hare, frog, fox and dog with a different pattern from Nymphenburg's painting archives - from designs originally intended for a soup tureen right up to a drawing of the plumage of a guinea fowl.

 

. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...